Small Business Solutions: Keep Your Information Secure & Private
Thousands of small businesses, just like yours, rely on their local Iron Mountain location to protect what matters.
With great pressure to be on your game at all times, it can be difficult for many companies -- especially small businesses to keep up.
The good news is we’re here to help. Over 75,000 small businesses rely on us to protect information, unlock insights and transform operations. With Iron Mountain’s services, we can take the bulk of your records management process to enable a more overall streamlined workflow. We even have a convenient online portal to seamlessly manage everything, Iron Mountain Connect™.
Document Scanning & Digital Storage
In addition to our secure offsite record storage, we also provide high-quality scanning services.
Do you really need daily, physical access to 100% of the documents you store onsite? Probably not. By incorporating our digital scanning practices into your document and information management process, you can share important information easily and quickly across your small business.
With our document scanning services, you can move more of your physical documents and files offsite and request digital scans of those you need or use frequently. Through our online account management tool Iron Mountain Connect™, just simply request the digital file copies you want and they’ll be sent within 24 hours.
Our Scanning services include:
Secure IT Asset Disposition
Staying on top of the latest tech can be a challenge. With each advancement, there comes a shift in what’s needed to meet customers’ needs which may have an impact on operational tech devices. As such, there will be a time where technology asset upgrades are necessary to survive.
When that time comes, you will need a proper IT asset disposal program to protect your small business’ information and brand image. Data breaches can still happen to IT assets that aren’t disposed of in a secure manner. As you upgrade technology assets to meet customer needs, securely disposing of older components ensures your most private company details don’t end up in the wrong hands.
WHAT MAKES IRON MOUNTAIN’S SECURE IT ASSET DISPOSITION DIFFERENT
- Secure Chain-of-Custody: Track assets as they are processed through each secure checkpoint up to the final processing and receive an auditable certificate of destruction.
- National & Global Footprint: With 3,500 trucks in the US and a global reach operating in dozens of countries across five continents, we support your needs at scale.
- Environmental Sustainability: Feel secure knowing that as an e-Stewards Enterprise, we work with e-Stewards or R2 certified partner organizations that follow the strictest environmental and data privacy guidelines.
- Protect Your Brand: Protecting critical information for decades, information management is all we do. Iron Mountain is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 1000.
Secure Business Storage
Office space has always been a hot commodity. Now more than ever, small businesses are making the most out of every square foot - an imperative step towards sustained growth and survival. So, it should come as no surprise that small business owners are continuing to reevaluate their real estate footprint.
What does this have to do with storage?
With Iron Mountain® Records Storage services, you’ll have a local and convenient solution for offsite document storage and retrieval that will help you effectively store, manage, safeguard and retrieve your vital business records and documents. You’ll ensure that your team keeps what it needs and gains access to it when and how they need to.
Benefits of Offsite Storage:
- Free Up Office Space: Without piles of boxes and large filing cabinets, your team can use your costly office space for more productive tasks.
- Locally Powered Team: Our over 500 storage facilities across the country are ready to serve your small business. We help establish a fast, convenient and personalized file management process with a dedicated account manager.
- Reduce Costs: Offsite document services reduce the cost of document storage, labor and administration, helping you lower costs for space, records retrieval, and transportation.
When you need some or all of your records back, retrieval requests can easily be made online through our Iron Mountain Connect™ portal. Standard and rush retrieval services are available for your documents, and we can even scan your records for immediate access.
Your company needs a data backup and recovery plan. Onsite server backups won’t help you in the case of a theft, human error, or disaster. With Iron Mountain® Cloud Backup Service you'll have a secure and reliable program that is fully automated, and enables a 1, 24 or 48 hour disaster recovery program tailored specifically for your business. Alternatively, if you do decide to shred your documents for cloud storage, our Iron Cloud Data Management provides tailored solutions to fit your needs.
Secure Shredding Services
Shredding paper-based documents doesn’t sound that important. However, many Federal and State Laws require organizations to securely destroy confidential or personally identifiable information. So yes, there is a need to focus on securely disposing documents to help effectively manage your records.
Your small business creates documents that contain sensitive information. But what if it ends up in the wrong hands? If a breach occurs, here’s what it could mean for your small business:
- Investigations, audits, fines and sanctions
- Severe damage to your organization’s reputation
- Loss of your customer’s trust
However you choose to dispose of your documents, we have a safe and cost-effective way to rid yourself of unused paper-based documents.
Here are your secure Iron Mountain shredding options:
Iron Cloud Solutions
It’s impossible for most businesses to exist today without relying on the cloud in some form.
Whether it’s backing up active data, archiving inactive data or protecting all your data against ransomware attacks, cloud use has become the answer to many operational problems - no matter your organization’s size.
However, not all data is created or used equally and neither should the way it’s stored. With Iron Mountain’s multi-tiered data storage solutions, businesses can logically group data based on three areas - frequently used, sometimes used, and rarely used but kept “just in case.”
Here’s how a multi-tier data storage strategy can help you better manage and protect your data:
- Ransomware Protection: An air-gapped copy of your data stored offline, but that is easily recoverable via the cloud, is a secure, cost-effective way to protect against ransomware. Through physically separating your data from unsecured networks, you create a gold copy that can be verified as “clean” when recovering from a ransomware attack. With multi-factor user authentication, you also ensure only authorized users can access your data.
- Disaster Recovery: Whether it’s natural or man made, your data should be protected against all disasters. When your data is backed up, protected, and recoverable 24/7, the impact of potential business disruptions drops significantly which keeps emergency IT budgets low.
- Backup: Storing your data locally is good but what happens when an employee accidentally deletes an important file? A backup copy stored in the cloud may be your organization’s best life line. It also helps decrease the workload for IT staff who won’t have to spend hours recovering lost data.
- Archive: For most businesses, 80 percent of data is inactive and should be archived. Why get charged the same storage price for data you won’t access that often? You need a long-term data storage solution that doesn’t eat up your budget and still provides access to critical data as needed.
*Limited-time offers valid for new Iron Mountain customers with 500 employees or fewer. New customers who agree to a one-year contract will receive one free month of secure offsite storage. Limited-time offer. Other restrictions may apply. Limit one per customer. May not be combined with other offers. Promotional offer valid for new one-year contracts.